UE Temperature Sensor Group
UE has assembled a talented group of Temperature Sensor experts to form our Sensor Group at our Headquarters in Watertown, MA. This organization is specifically formed to serve our wide spectrum of customers. We have experienced professionals dedicated to producing the best temperature sensors for a wide variety of applications. This group consists of experts with extensive Temperature Sensor experience in:
- Supplier Development
- Manufacturing and Quality Assurance
- Customer Service
UE Temperature Sensor Customers
At UE we manufacture all types of Temperature Sensors and have customers purchasing both custom designed and standard catalog products.
United Electric Controls Co. excels in supplying today's manufacturers with temperature sensors that meet their needs. We can help you develop, and then manufacture the sensor that works with your product. UE brings many strengths to the OEM customer, including:
- Sales personnel located around the world so they can be available to serve customers whenever and wherever they need assistance.
- Engineering Expertise to work with your engineers to develop the right design.
- Highly efficient manufacturing processes are designed to build your sensor economically and reliably.
- Quick Response to Orders - UE can deliver your parts when you need them.
We manufacture temperature sensors for many different types of customers' applications. Some of our customers use UE Temperature Sensors in:
- Scientific instruments - Storage and measurement
- Food Equipment - Cooking, Storing and Cleanup
- Medical equipment - Sterilizing, biological storage
- Jet fighters, helicopters
Standard Catalog Products
United Electric Controls Co. has a broad selection of Standard Catalog Temperature Sensors that are designed for general industrial use. These are available for a variety of uses and come in many standard configurations. These standard products are available from our worldwide network of distributors or directly from our factory in Watertown, MA.
United Electric Controls Co. has General Purpose and Mineral Insulated thermocouples, wire wound and thin film RTDs as well as thermistors for all standard applications. In our catalog we offer a wide variety of styles of temperature sensors using these different sensing elements.
Temperature Sensor Styles
Temperature Sensors at UE are built in a broad spectrum of styles. They are:
||Leadwire - Standard thermocouples with fiberglass, Teflon® or PVC insulation available with a variety of protective coverings including Teflon® sleeves.
||Terminal Heads -Configurations including Enclosure Type 4 and 7 heads; with or without NUN (nipple-union-nipple) connections.
||Process Mount - Double and single sided process mount styles and single sided instrument mounts.
||Plugs - Standard and mini male plugs with and without leadwires.
||Surface Mount - A variety of mounting options including washer styles, mounting lugs and weld pads; with fiberglass or Teflon® insulation.
Which Sensor Should I Use?
When choosing which temperature sensor to use there are many things to consider. One very important decision is selecting the type of sensor that best fits your requirement. Below is a description of the types of Temperature Sensors that United Electric Controls Co. designs, engineers and manufactures. Each technology has advantages and limitations.
RTD's or Resistance Temperature Detectors
Temperature Sensor Sheath Materials
|304 Stainless steel
UE NonStandard Material
|A very good all purpose stainless steel of moderate cost.
||Food & Beverage
|Up to 875 degrees C (1,600 degrees F) for cyclical applications
|316 Stainless steel
316 (L) UE Standard Material
|The best corrosion resistance of the Stainless steels. Good resistance to sulfur or chlorine bearing liquids.
Pulp and Paper
|Up to 875 degrees C (1,600 degrees F)
|Inconel ® 600 UE Non Standard Material
||This alloy is more expensive than SS but has higher corrosion resistance and better temperature tolerance.
Nuclear Power Equipment
|Up to 1,175 degrees C (2,150 degrees F)
The Difference in United Electric Controls Co. Heat Trace RTD
When you choose a United Electric Controls Co. Heat Trace RTD you simplify installation and reduce maintenance expenses. They are designed for use in any pipe or surface temperature measuring applications; these sensors have been specifically designed for use with electronic heat control products.
United Electric Controls Co. Heat Trace products have:
- Heat Transfer pad with excellent temperature response
- Rugged stainless steel sheath provides excellent mechanical protection
- Replaceable element design simplifies RTD replacement.
- To replace a faulty element, you simply remove the head cover, disconnect the leads and remove the element. You then insert the new element and reconnect the leads. Your process is up and running in minutes.
United Electric Controls Co. Temperature Sensor Accessories
We offer accessories to accompany our temperature sensors.
- Thermocouple Wire
- RTD Wire
- Temperature Sensor Heads and terminal blocks
- Head mounted transmitters
- Extension lead wire assemblies
- Plugs and other terminations
- Compression fittings
- Thermowells and Protection Tubes
Back to top